Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's finally Saturday! As usual we took Jono to his weekly swimming lesson at 8am. He enjoyed it and did really well. After that we met up with Dane's bro and sis-in-law to have breakfast at Ikea. Of course since we're in Ikea, we also bought some things from there. I bought some more bibs for Esther and bought 2 plastic chairs for Jono. I absolutely love Ikea and almost everything they have for kids. They are so well designed and really funky looking too.

Straight after Ikea, we went to meet up with my church friends from Malaysia. We had lunch and tried to catch up with things and kids. We had not seen each other for maybe 9/10 years. Now we are all parents and busy with kids. I also felt 'old'.

Now, I'm having a girls night with my precious daughter Esther while Dane's taking Jono to see fireworks in the city. It's Brisbane River Festival and there will be a spectacular fireworks on the river. It would be very nice for me to go as well, but someone has to think about Esther since she's only a baby. Crowd, cold night and limited space will be hard for a little baby. So I stay home. :D Hopefully I get to enjoy some 'me' time after Esther has gone to bed for the night.

0 comments: