Monday, May 18, 2009

I had a great day today!

Hurray, it's 7:15pm and both kids are in bed. I'm having some quiet time to myself while Dane's taking a short nap. I had a great day today just being at home with my two beautiful kids. Jono had been SOOOO GOOD and he made me laugh all day. He was so delightful and chatted with me all day long.

My weekly plan is working well so far and I really enjoy doing different things each day. We watched a movie called "Fireproof" last night and it was very moving. The story is about a couple and how their broken marriage can only be fixed with GOD's LOVE and SALVATION. The husband followed a book given by his father called "The Love Dare" for 40 days to get his wife back. At first he found it wasn't working as everything he did was rejected by his wife. He wanted to give up at day 20. He talked to his father and his father finally pointed out that he could only love someone even after being rejected with GOD's LOVE. The Lord Jesus was rejected again and again but He never stop loving us. He gave his life for us and shown us what unconditional love really is. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) The husband eventually got saved and he started reading the Bible and continued the love dare challenge even though the wife was unmoved. At the end, the wife discovered how much her husband loved her and she also saw the changes in him and they eventually got back together. I love the story as it illustrated what real love is. GOD is LOVE!



Praying for tomorrow, may I use my time wisely and bring honour to God in everything that I do.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Maybe I will find the movie in Malaysia, it looks good :)

Mum with Hope said...

Hi, you might have to get it from a Christian Bookstore. Take Care!