Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tummy Bug

Feeling ill today. I think I got "tummy bug". Not sure where I got it from but I'm worry that Esther will get it. She's too young to be sick. No parents like to see their children sick. I remembered when Jonathan was about 15 months old, he had a temperature of 38.5 degree celcius and was very lethargic so we took him to the emergency department. We were worried and didn't want to risk anything.

Once we got there, the triage nurse did some assessment on Jonathan and we're asked to wait to be seen by a doctor. While waiting, I saw many parents brought their children to ED to get treatment. There were kids with broken arms, sick babies, kids with asthma attack, and kids with other issues. It was so hard to be there and seeing the kids in pain and suffering while their parents were trying to comfort them. However, I know we can't stop our children from getting sick. I guess we'll just have to deal with it and be there for them.

0 comments: