Monday, June 21, 2010

He watches over us!

This post was meant to be posted back in April but somehow I forgot to publish it. While I was going through my post I discovered this and now I am publishing it to share with all my dear friends. :D

As a mother of 2 kids I would say one of the hardest things in looking after children is when they are sick. Esther was really ill on one Saturday night about 2 months ago. She was all good during the day and went to bed as usual at about 7pm. However at about 10:30pm she was crying and screaming. I went in to her room and found her looking very pale and ill. She started throwing up when I picked her up from her cot. I tried to clean up everything and put her back in her cot thinking that she should be ok now since she almost threw up all of her dinner. However she continued to throw up intermittently like every 5 mins. My heart was aching seeing her in such a miserable state. She had nothing else to vomit but still had the urge to. :( She was so sleepy and really wanted to go back to sleep but just impossible with the constant throwing up.

I did not know what to do except to clean her up and comfort her. I tried very hard to stay awake to look after her but it was like 11:30pm already and I was really tired from a busy day. I got a chair and sat right in front of her cot so I could help her when she throw up. While I was struggling to keep my eyes opened, Psalm 121 came into mind. What a great promise it is to know that God who watches over us will not slumber nor sleep. I can just trust and totally depend on Him that nothing is out of His hands and He is my help! In contrast, us human is so limited in our own strength. I would love to stay awake and do everything for Esther but physically my body was tired and I was really struggling.

By about 12am midnight, Esther had threw up at least 15 times. However thanked God she was  finally able to go back to sleep with no more vomiting. I was able to go back to sleep knowing that God is watching over both of us! The next morning she was back to normal and her happy self.

Psalm 121:
I will lift up my eyes to the hills
  where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
  the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip
  He who watches over you will not slumber
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
  will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
  the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
  nor th emoon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm
  He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming an dgoing
  both now and forevermore.


 Dear friends, will you let this true and living God watch over you?

0 comments: