Monday, April 19, 2010

Leaving Soon

Jonathan had his last swimming lesson on Sat. I told him he is going to a new swim school in Adelaide. And of course a new childcare, a new house, new bedroom, etc...He was sad and kept asking why we had to move. He had been writing up birthday invitations to his friends to come to his birthday party. I had to explain to him his friends will not be in Adelaide for his birthday in August because it's too far away. Instead, he will have a farewell party at childcare on his last day there. He was sad and asked why. :(

We only have 3 weeks to go before we leave beautiful Brisbane. I can't wait to start our new life in Adelaide mainly because hubby will be with us and no more separation (at least for awhile). Jonathan asked me where is Adelaide. Well, I just said it's in South Australia. :D I am feeling sad too to leave our dearest family and friends behind. We have been very spoilt having family around and good friends to spend time with. I'm going to miss them dearly I'm sure. The children will be missing out being spoilt by their grandparents and uncles and aunties which they currently enjoy. :(

However, these things happen and I know God is with us wherever we go. We will get to meet new brothers and sisters in God's big family. It's time to get out of my comfort zone and make new friends and discover new things. Most of all, to see our faith continue to grow in a brand new place!

1 comments:

Kylie said...

Take courage ... keep your eyes on the Lord!!! It's natural to feel sad and down (I'm sad you're leaving) ... but then as I learnt once, it's best to move if the Lord is leading the way and "will be moving anyway" than to stay alone against His will when "He has gone on to Adelaide" expecting me to follow!! (I know that's not really true as the Lord WILL be with us wherever we go, but that's the way I looked at it once!!!).
He will have great blessings in store for you all ... I love you heaps!!!